WHY I DONT BUY 2ND HAND ANYMORE.
Speaking from experience, I have worn and bought 2nd hand clothes for a while back then when there was no option. Handmade clothes have been relatively quite expensive over the years, but I remember if my mum had the option of buying handmade, she bought all she could.
Here are the cons of 2nd hand that I have seen and experienced;
- They do not last as long as you would imagine them to last, this is because they have already been used or have defects that shorten their lifeline.
- You end up spending more over time. You will notice that as the life of these products are short and you will be prompted to get other new ones sooner and thus increases your spending.
- Most of the time they do not meet your standard and thus you will rarely wear them. have you ever bought a second hand and initially at purchase you were so excited about it but as you take it home you get disappointed with some of its quality or useability.
- It promotes spendthrift behaviors, due to the cheap nature, you will find yourself spending more on useless things and things that might just stock your wardrobe,
- You might be exposed to an unknown illness just because we do not know where these clothes have come from and who were the initial owners.
- It is a task to find something that fits well and most of the time you end up compromising. some of the clothes have been made to fit their intended market and their body figures.
This is not to say that you cannot find a kill within the 2nd hand market but for me, I have experienced enough to know why I would go for a handmade product. It is not also to say that everyone should buy from designers just because of the cons of 2nd hand but that you should make the choice that best suits you and your needs.